Monday, October 19, 2009

Cheerleader

Okay I just finished watching I Love You, Beth Cooper. You know, the usual teenage light comedy. So there's this academically over-achieving geek -why must it always be geeks?- openly confessing his love to Beth Cooper, the head cheerleader. Corny, I know, but I did hear a fun conversation:

A: You know where she lives, go to her house, bring a boom box and wait for her
B: That's stalking.
A: No, it's not stalking if you love the person.

A: You can grab her and throw her in the car, and take her someplace
B: That's kidnapping.
A: That's romantic

Thin line between lover and stalker?

Anyways, I thought Beth Cooper is kinda charming here, my typical cheerleader type. According to my convo with jebay the other night, cheerleader type is cheerful, popular, prominent, cute, attention seeker, a talker, and unbelievably selfish. I'm starting to sound like Barney, categorizing girls and all, but oh well, apparently I find that attractive.

The best part, is that Beth Cooper is named after a KISS song, titled Beth, which is just awesome.

And okay, back to work. Or maybe another movie, The Ugly Truth perhaps.

Just a few more hours
And I'll be right home to you
I think I hear them calling
Oh, Beth what can I do

No comments:

Post a Comment