Friday, August 28, 2009

Smile!

Remember this motivational poster (click here!) awhile back?

Tagline reads : Smile! Tomorrow is going to be worse.

I find that amusing, especially today.

After being somewhat disheartened by earlier events today, combined with 4 hours of nap and lengthy dinner, I ended up with a smile. And just like that, I feel quite happy now, even though tomorrow may just be worse. Smiling actually works! Guess that (de)motivational poster works better than expected eh?

And, oh, I'm counting my blessings now. Since I realized some people I know is still hall-less.

Anyway, it's not like I have nothing to celebrate about lately. Check this out:
1. I got a hall! no more sleeping on the floor.
2. 18AU for this sem, at this rate, 5 more semesters to go.
3. I got 3rd Prize in 30 seconds to fame! easy 50 bucks =)
4. Modern Jazz dance open class was really really fun.

As for 30 Seconds to Fame, I could have done better if not for last minute change of song. I did my acoustic take on Rihanna's "Disturbia" and Garth Brooks' "If Tomorrow Never Comes", wrong choice of second song. But, oh well, that 50 bucks makes me feel all better.

And Modern Jazz dance class. Remember the cliche that life is unfair? well, it is, but no one says it has to be. I'm referring to how dance girls people are relatively better-looking than, let's say, choir or guitar ensemble. Too bad I can't dance that well, not without practice, but open class was fun! Aside from being totally clueless at the end of the routine, I think I did okay.

I'm ranting in the middle of the night, thanks to 4-hour-nap earlier.

By the way, I heard this interesting quote from Pushing Daisies:

"Love signals are like nuts, mixed is better" -Olive Snook.

Just that they forgot to tell you it increases the chance of allergic reaction.

Oh, and thanks to mei for reminding me of this song (click here!). Old, but still lovely.
And the puppies are somehow cute!

you came along
just like a song
and brighten my day

No comments:

Post a Comment